Saturday, January 21, 2012

- First Love

Everyone has one - a place where they've gone and just can't get enough of. Mine is Costa Rica. My first trip there was over 6 years ago and I've only recently been back. It's the place I daydream about and, given the money, would hop on a plane - or in a car - and go back in a heart beat. My g/f and I have even contemplated picking up everything and moving there. Enjoy some photos of the wildlife and scenery that I experienced on my first trip 6 years ago (the latest trip will come in a later post):
Annulated Tree Boa (Corallus annulatus)

Central American Bushmaster (Lachesis stenophyrs)
Striped Basilisk (Basiliscus vittatus)

Variegated Snail Eater (Dipsas variegata)

Central American Coral Snake (Micrurus nigrocinctus)

Red-eyed Tree Frog (Agalychnis callidryas)

Unknown katydid - if you know an i.d. please e-mail me

White-lipped Mud Turtle eaten by a Jaguar

Green-and-black Poison Arrow Frog (Dendrobates auratus)

Brown Spotbelly (Coniophanes fissidens)

Unknown Leaf Mimic Praying Mantis - if you know an i.d. please e-mail me

Bransford's Litter Frog (Craugastor bransfordii)

Cat-eyed Snake (Leptodiera septentrionalis)

Caiman (Caiman crocodilus)

Tortuguero habitat

Common Mexican Tree Frog (Smilisca baudinii)

Green Vine Snake (Oxybelis fuldigus)

No comments:

Post a Comment